Sunday, December 16, 2007

Talk about a reputation!

Today in church, I heard a funny story. Denise Schmidt told me this.

Today in Sunday School the kids were learning about Jesus' life. The teacher asked a multiple choice question, and asked which of the choices was true: a) Jesus was born in Rome, b) Jesus was Jewish, c) Jesus never cried when he was a baby, etc. A child raised her hand and said, "Jesus never cried when he was a baby". Denise, who was helping in the room, said, "Yes, he probably did. All babies cry." The girl, not missing a beat, said, "I still don't think He cried. Baby Norah never cries." Denise could hardly maintain her composure. She said, "Yes, I guess Baby Norah doesn't cry very often, so maybe you are right, maybe Baby Jesus never cried either."

So, Norah's reputation is that she never cries! Ha! She has the church fooled! If only they could see us right before mealtime or just after a nap!

It if great fun bringing Norah to church. A lot of 4th-5th grade girls like her and always ask about her. Obviously, they think she never cries. Everyone calls her "Baby Norah" and I don't really know why, but I like it. Come to think of it, a lot of people (grandparents, friends, and church people) call Norah "Baby Norah" even though that's not what James and I call her.

Well, I just thought I would get this story in writing before I forgot. I have to go. I hear Baby Norah....and she's CRYING!

--Chiara

2 comments:

Alessia and Jim said...

cute story!

Nicholas said...

She cries when Uncle Nick holds her...