Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Overheard

1) Norah has two little vehicles, one is a steamroller, the other is a back hoe. They are about 1 inch long. She has been taking them everywhere with her lately. This morning, she took them into the car as we were dropping James off at work. As we were driving, we heard from the back seat (in her high-pitched voice, not her normal voice):

"I want to go with you."
"You can't go."
"But I want to come, too."
"I said you can't. Your mommy said 'No'."
"Oh, I am so sad."

James glanced back at Norah and saw she was speaking for her two vehicles. She is a strange girl.

2) This morning, Norah brought her mermaid doll (Ariel, she named it...) into my room and Ariel sang the entire "Part of your World" song from "The Little Mermaid" including the reprise. I am slowly piecing together Norah's version of the lyrics--will post soon.

3) As we were having lunch today, Norah asked what I was drinking. "Ginger Ale," I said. She must have been thinking about princesses because she replied, "Gingerella?" That made me smile!