Thursday, November 25, 2010

Moving: according to a 3-year-old

Norah has been a real trooper during our whole moving process (which has been lengthy to say the least). She patiently looks at houses with us (we still haven't found that "perfect" house for the Family Band), she endures long 4 hour drives back and forth between Chicago and Iowa City, and she acts excited when we give her an air mattress to sleep on at Daddy's place.

The other day, I was talking with her about moving, and she said some cute things.
Me: "What does our house look like?"
Norah: "It's purple."
Me: "What do you like best about our house?"
Norah: "It has toys in it."
Me: "What do you want our new house to have? Do you want a big yard to play in? Do you want your own room?"
Norah: "I want it to have a big-girl bed and toys."

Also, for the longest time, she had the words hotel, dentist, and apartment mixed in her brain. She would say things like, 'I want to go see daddy at his hotel' or, 'When are we going to see Daddy at the dentist?'

I think she is starting to get frustrated with all of our looking at houses, because this last trip, she went into a house, and said, "Oh, I really like this one. I think we should buy it!"

All in all, I don't think Norah will remember much about our house on Linden Court, but James and I will. It's where we watched her and Luca grow. It's where we had great times with our family and friends. It's where James and I learned how to be homeowners. It has been our home and we will all miss it.

No comments: