Thursday, June 7, 2007

1 week

Norah is 1 week old today. I will take a photo later and James can post it. The past week has been a blur of nurses, feedings, diapers, and naps. I can't believe how time has flown.

Norah is a wonderful baby. She only cries when she is hungry, and I can usually pre-empt her cries because she makes little cues, such as sucking on her hands, grunting in a frustrated way, rooting on anything that is near her face, etc.

The last couple of nights, she has only awoken once for a feeding, which has been nice for my sleep-deprived self. She sleeps most of the day, but has fleeting moments of alertness--especially when she hears a new voice.

I have had moments of frustration, happiness, fear, love, and exhaustion over the past week. It is so great to see James with Norah--she calms right down when he holds her and talks to her. I think she is intrigued by his big mouth!!!

Thanks to everyone for the emails and cards and comments on the blog--we are glad to have interested family and friends for their advice and support.

--Chiara

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How are the baths coming?

She is really cute.