Tuesday, October 7, 2008

what...time...is...it?

This morning, I was pulled out of sleep as I heard Norah making noise over the monitor. I looked at the alarm clock and saw that it was only 5:15 a.m. She was saying 'Mama' over and over again--not in a particularly distressed voice, but a persistent one. Then there was a long pause, and then she said 'Nano' (for Nonna) a few times, and then 'Dada' a few times. It seemed like she was trying to get our attention. I waited a bit longer (I didn't want to get out of bed), but then felt guilty, thinking, "What if she is all wet or can't find her pacifier or something?". So, I dragged myself out of bed and crept toward Norah's room.

There she was, sitting in her crib, happy as can be, looking through her photo album in the dim light of the nightlight. She was saying the names people she knew!!! Once she saw me, though, I had to pick her up. We cuddled for a while, and then I put her back to bed.

James thought I should post this so I can remember it.

--Chiara

2 comments:

Alessia and Jim said...

That is too cute- I got tears in my eyes and I don't know why! Your daughter is so sweet- I love her!

Sandra said...

This is really really cute. I love that she calls me Nano.In italian nano means dwarf. Let Norah know that her very short grandma is missing her and can't wait to see her again soon. Love "Nano"