Saturday, February 21, 2009

Some thoughts before I forget them....

It has been really fun watching Norah's language development over the last 1-2 months. She is really talking a LOT now. I feel like we can have little conversations, which is really exciting!

Here is one example: The other day, I went into her room after her nap, and said, "Hi! Did you have a good nap?" Norah said, "Yes". I said, "Did you have pleasant dreams?" She said, "Yes!". I said, "What did you dream about?" (not expecting an answer). She said, very clearly, "Cat-ta-pa-la" (Caterpillars!!!) I laughed, and said, "Oh, that must have been a very fun dream, to dream about caterpillars!"

She also has a sense of observation that I don't always give her enough credit for. The other day, she was looking for daddy, and for some reason I didn't understand what she wanted. So, she tried another route by saying "Dad-dy [cough cough]" You see, James has had a cough for about a week, and she associates coughing with Daddy, now!

She also has a great memory. She was eating lunch the other day, and was staring pointedly at one of the chairs at the dining room table. I asked her what she was looking at and she said, "Joe chair" (Joel's chair). Our friend Joel had recently been over playing board games, and he had been sitting in that chair for the games. Then she pointed at another chair and said "Daddy chair" (where James had been sitting).

Other things she is doing:

She loves to play hide-and-seek. Her favorite thing is to hide in the closets and not come out until we find her.
She loves to watch me cook and see what I am cooking. She always says, "Hot!!!" so that I know she knows not to touch it!
She plays with her baby doll, and really gets into it by dressing her, feeding her, putting her down for naps, putting her in the bouncy seat that Cyrus uses when he is here, reading books with her, etc. It is really fun to see that.
She loves to have tea parties with James and I, and will pour the tea like a little lady.

There is so much more to say, but I am sure I have bored you enough already!

1 comment:

Vinnie and Maria said...

Not boring at all!!!
Keep the comments coming. It's nice to see the pictures, but your thoughts and observations are very important and help us stay in touch with you and Norah while we are so far away.
Pa and Elmo