Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Next Baby Hemsley


Baby Hemsley 2010, originally uploaded by James Hemsley.

We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday, and thankfully, all went well. The baby looks fine in all regards, and blood tests they had done on me turned out with reassuring results. James was confident that this would be the case, but I spent a lot of time worrying about it--needlessly, I guess!

Anyway, we decided to find out the sex of the baby. I wanted to wait (sort of) but James didn't--he says it's a surprise now as much as it is when the baby is born. I knew it wouldn't work to have him know and me not know, so we found out. What do you think we are having?

Turns out Norah's intuition was right; every time we asked her whether I was having a boy or girl baby, she gave the same response. She always said, "You are having a boy baby, and I am having a girl baby!" She is correct (partly!). We are having a boy baby!

So, now I need to put aside my list of beautiful girl names and look more closely at the (much shorter) list of acceptable boys' names. James will rule some out, no doubt, and then we will have a few contenders. Of course, that will remain top secret until the birth date!

Here is a photo of Baby Boy H. in the womb. About 20 weeks gestation. He was moving all around during the ultrasound; it was neat to see!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Chiara!!! I'm so excited for you and James.

Jamie and Dave said...

Congratulations!!!