Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Some updates (pictures to follow)

Wow! It has been a long time since we last posted. I will try to get some pictures up this week.

Norah has been growing up right before our eyes. Everyday, she adds new words to her repertoire, and is quite the talker. In fact, she talks from the minute she gets up to the minute she falls asleep with nary a minute of silence in between!

She has been saying some funny things regarding the baby on the way. She has been touching my belly and saying, "Baby, come out of there!" or pointing at my belly and saying, "Your belly is so big!" Yesterday, she saw my belly button, started laughing histerically, and said, "Your belly button is so big!" and then poked me like the Pillsbury Dough Boy! (My belly button IS pretty gross right now since it is basically inside-out.)

The other week, we had this exchange at the dinner table:

"Daddy, do you like mean queens?"
"No."
"Why are you saying 'No' to me?"
"Because you asked me if I liked mean queens."
"Daddy, do you like mean queens?"
"No."
"Why are you saying 'No' to me?"
"I am just answering your question. Do YOU like mean queens, Norah?"
"No, I don't. Do you like mean queens, Daddy?"
"No, I don't." (thinking this would make her understand....)
Still: "Why are you saying 'No' to me?"
"Why do you think?"
"Because I am so pretty, and I am a princess!"

I was just laughing [silently] the whole time. It was pretty funny. When Norah answers a question, she rarely says just "Yes" or "No". She will usually clarify, like "Yes, I do see it" or "No, I don't see it"

POTTY TRAINING
Norah has been doing really well on the potty. We employed the help of the sticker chart, and the Little Einsteins and ice cream as big rewards. It seems to be working. She still won't do number 2 on the potty, though...that might take a little longer.

Yesterday, her babysitter took her to the pet store (that is as close as we will get to owning a pet) to pet the puppies. The puppy she was petting pooped on the floor, and she said really loudly, "Oh no! The puppy pooped on the floor! He needs to do poopoo in the potty!"

READING TIME
Norah loves to be read to (what kid doesn't?). Now, when I finish a book, she will say, "Now I read it to you!" and she will go back through the whole thing and 'read' it to me (from memory!). She actually does really well!

That's all I can remember for now, but I am sure more things will come up when I post the photos.

P.S. All is well with Baby Hemsley. He is moving a LOT (usually from 10-11 at night, and from 3-5 am, waking me up!), and is growing by the day (as evidenced by my ever-growing belly!). We still haven't picked a name. James always suggests Bosephus, but I just WONT do that!

No comments: