Monday, February 21, 2011

Vote for Norah and Luca (for Charity)

Hi All,

Recently, I had some professional portraits of Norah and Luca taken by the same photographer who took pictures of our Samuel when he was born. That, as you may remember, was through a charity called Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, which donates professional photos to parents who experience infant loss. The photos of Samuel were so meaningful to us, and when I saw this contest as a way to raise money for this organization (and have photos of the kids taken), I was excited.

If you feel moved to vote monetarily (no pressure!), you can donate 1$ per vote at the links posted below. If you just like the photos, and don't want to donate, that is okay, too. You can still follow the links, register your email, and you get 5 "likes" to distribute across the participants. The "likes" translate to points.

Norah and Luke are in "Region 4." The top 5 votes and points getters in each Region move on to Round 2, where the photos are judged by professionals. There are lots of prizes, like a savings bond, a trip, etc.

Personally, I think it is a great way to donate to this great charity, which I think has helped so many people like James and I. I just wanted to extend the opportunity to you, too.

Here are the links if you are interested.

Norah:

http://www.charitymodelsearch.org/ci.php/photos/showphoto/625


Luca:

http://www.charitymodelsearch.org/ci.php/photos/showphoto/624


Here is a link to the organization's website:


And here is a link for this contest:

www.charitymodelsearch.org

And here is a link to the article about this charity, the photgrapher, Lisa Francescon, and James and I from 2008:

http://qctimes.com/news/local/article_7810720c-82f8-5c12-ad09-e5a611fd85e9.html

We hope you like the photos!

Chiara and James

2 comments:

Alessia and Jim said...

Very cute pictures of the kids- I know who I'll be voting for!

Chiara said...

Thanks, Aless! You can do "points" too, for free!