Monday, September 13, 2010

Clean House = OK to play on the toilet


NorahPlaying004, originally uploaded by Chiara and James Hemsley.

I was taking a shower this morning, and I heard Norah playing in the bathroom while I was showering. I opened the curtain to find this scene: Norah, in her princess dress (crown at the ready), her beloved blankets draped over and around the toilet, her rocking chair (which her foot is resting on), June, Annie, Ariel, and Lamby (Yamy).

Since we put our house on the market TODAY (photos coming soon), I was not as alarmed as I usually would have been; the toilet and surrounding area is cleaner than clean. She was having such fun pretending she was on an airplane that I let her go about her business of playing while I went about mine. I still don't know why she felt the need to drag all that stuff to the bathroom instead of leaving it in her room and playing there....

No comments: