Friday, September 3, 2010

Norah-isms

Thought I would write down a couple recent Norah-isms, so I don't forget!

The other day, we planned to go out for ice cream after dinner. Norah didn't know about it, and in order to entice her to eat her food, we said, "If you eat your food, there will be a big surprise after dinner!" "What surprise?" she asked (she hates surprises!). "We can't tell you, because then it won't be a surprise, but you should eat your dinner because we think you will really like it." "What is it?" she asked again. "I can't tell you but I will say it with my lips (and then I mouthed 'ice cream' with my lips). James mouthed it, too, but she wasn't getting it. She asked, "What are you doing?" I said, "I am telling you what the surprise is with my lips. Watch closely." I mouthed "ice cream" again, and she said, "Now say it with your teeth." Ha!

Today, with the long week of packing, organizing, lists, chores, and repairs coming to an end, I sighed and said, "My brain hurts." Norah asked innocently: "What brain?" Exactly, Norah, exactly.

No comments: