Thursday, May 31, 2007

Norah Claire Hemsley is Welcomed to the World

Hi everyone.

I'm at the hospital still, so this will be short and unfortunately, no pictures until I can get home, but that will be the first thing I do, when I get there.

Norah Claire Hemsley was born on May 31, 2007 at 6:24 in the morning. There was some deliberation about the way her name should be spelled but we are finally committing to the "h" at the end (thanks to those who have provided input on the matter).

Norah comes from Eleanor which can mean "light" or "honorable light." Claire is the Gallic version of "Chiara," which also means light or clear.

Norah weighed 10lbs 6.7 oz. Had Chiara known this going in, she would have opted for an epidural or other pain medication. That's right. All natural birth. And I tell you, I barely made it through it!

Norah is 21 and a half inches long.

Chiara and I both think she has a contemplative face. She has already started eating and is doing quite well.

Chiara and I thank you for your support and I'll be sure to have those pictures up as soon as possible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats!! From Ed Wright and Family: Ed@CalifOnline.info