Tuesday, May 15, 2007

One Week to Go!

Baby Hemsley is due on May 22, and that means that we have one more week to go! James and I have been anxiously awaiting her arrival. We both keep having frantic dreams (me: about labor; James: that "she" is a "he"!) and are not getting much sleep at night. With trips to the bathroom every 1.5 hours, baby's movements from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. (I think she will be a night owl...), and James generating 1000 BTU's of heat, it is difficult to sleep!

We have decided to keep her name a secret, but boy, are we ready to tell you all what we have chosen. We hope you will like it, and if you don't, you won't be able to tell us so! Ha, Ha! For now, she goes by Leona, Baby, or Precious Princess--depending on who you talk to!

I have had a great pregnancy and I have mixed feelings about it coming to an end. I have loved every minute of it--especially feeling her grow and move inside of me. James loves to tease her and get her to kick his hand. I love knowing that she is safe and warm and cozy in there--and we both hope that we will be good enough parents to keep her happy on the outside!

Over the past year, we have definitely had a roller coaster ride. Baby Hemsley will come almost exactly 1 year after our son Samuel's birth. It has been interesting "re-living" my pregnancy with Samuel over the past 10 months. Samuel taught us so much about ourselves, our faith, our families, friends, and our Lord. Baby Hemsley has brought us hope that we will have the large family we have always wanted. James says 12 kids; I say 3-4!

As we await the baby's birth, we want to remember Samuel's time with us--which was so meaningful--and we hope you will, too. Baby Hemsley will always know she has a big brother, and that we will all see him again one day!

We will keep you posted. In the meantime, pray for cool weather, pleasant dreams, and short labor!

--Chiara and James

No comments: